Tuesday, December 11, 2007

It's 5:00 somewhere!

I've heard this saying, "It's 5:00 somewhere," quite often lately. Most recently, I spoke with a woman yesterday that sets her clock 15 minutes before 5:00 to guarantee that it is in fact time, somewhere in the world, for her evening beverage.

Myself, I'm not a big drinker by any means. I think the last time I drank an alcoholic beverage was on my anniversary, October 19th. Carraba's makes the BEST apple martinis! As of late, I only drink them there. With a 19 month old son in tote, you can imagine how seldom I sip a beverage. However, I do have a guilty pleasure, which leads me to wonder if I can substitue icecream as my indulgence. I hardly ever buy icecream because I would wonder at 9:00 a.m...

"Can I actually eat icecream this early and not feel guilty?"
"Sure I can."

There is no better way to start your day than with Eddy's Slowchurned Double Fudge Brownie icecream. Did I mention that it's light? Then, I find myself wondering if exercise will allow me to indulge once again in the gallon of heaven, oh...let's say around 3:00, when my son is napping?

Needless to say, this gallon of icecream has only been in my freezer for LESS than 24 hours. I've found myself going there four times now within this time frame. You cannot watch Emmit and Otter's Jug Band Christmas without icecream. Can you? Well, I can't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No lie... last week, I had pistachio gelato for breakfast... and now, thanks to your blog, I don't have to feel guilty about it... I'll just look at my confused husband (or fish) and simply explain, "It's 9pm somewhere!"