Saturday, December 15, 2007

Birthday wishes for my punkin wunkin







My wish for you, son...


My wishes for you, my dear son, are so grand; I could fill the sea with blown out candles. Candle by candle, wish by wish, I dream of great things for you, as I imagine any mother does. Can I take you to the French country side to live, or a quaint cottage by the sea, filling your life and soul with simplicity? Can I follow you always, ever so closely, throughout your life to guard you from harm? How many pony rides and cotton candies will ever be enough for me to take pleasure in when I see that smile on your dear face? Will you run so freely, often enough, through a childhood filled with green fields and perfect skies? Can I fill each holiday with enough traditions to make you so proud year after year? Can I teach you so much and so often about the love of God‘s grace, right here, right now, all around you? Will you and I make the world around us more delightful, with each passing day? I promise, I will…


Love always and with all my heart,
Mom

3 comments:

QuintessentiallyEnglish said...

gorgeous poem! publish it, or put it onto cards! such lovely words!

MalibuBarbie112

Anonymous said...

between your wonderful words, divine cake, and cutie pie son, you have a recipe for a pretty delicious year ahead!!!

Lori said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!!! he really is a cutie and what a darling cake...i hope he had a wonderful day on his Birthday...what a lovely poem...