Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It's only been five years...





Well, it's been almost 5 1/2 years now since our lovely vintage style wedding. I love this picture of us, so many wonderfully bright things to come our way and we didn't even know it then.

Recently I was inspired to start scrapbooking my wedding album again. This lovely artist I found over at flickr, tara anderson, is the source for my most recent scrapbooking inspiration. Her pages are just amazing!

I really thought this page out. I left it to sit out in my craft room for about a week, moving pieces around, until I settled them into one spot and glued. That brooch has been around for a few months now. Found it at a flea market near Mt. Dora and have waited for a great reason to use it. Never thinking I would keep it for myself, but I'm so glad I did. The buttons are a funny story because they were tucked way in the back of an over crowded antique store in Mt. Dora. I fell in love with at least 3 sheets full of buttons. When I went to pay for them at the counter, to my embarassment, I learned that they were around $4-$8 a button, not for the whole sheet! The grand total was around $150 and I said, "no thank you." Because of my flushed face and embarassment, I bought these two.

Now, on to more designing. I will post as I go along and accomplish one page at a time.

10 comments:

Merci-Notes said...

Oh, I almost forgot to comment here for I was distracted by the below post!!!
Your page is beautiful!!!
I also love the photo of the three of you on your side bar!
With Kindness,
Mary

Kristen Pare said...

Wonderful page! I love the buttons and the bling :)

Jean Knee said...

Your wedding page is beautiful. It really looks like a vintage album page found in grandma's attic.

Oh man those buttons were high! I probably would have bought them and made my family eat beanie weinies for a month.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you stopped by to visit. I just loved looking through your blog! You make such lovely things. I must admit though, those "boots" photos made me lol!!! How cute! Your wedding photos are just beautiful. I must add you to my favorites if that's ok?!
XOXO
Jillian

Stink Bone Jones said...

I would be honored for you to add me to your favorites! Thanks! Jaime

Merci-Notes said...

Hi!
To answer your question about my art project tutorial: Use the q-tip end dipped into the paint, blot, and dab a dot or two where ever you want it. Repeat for each color until desired effect.
I hope your summer is going like a nice glass of lemonade, sipped on the porch with loved ones and friends.
Hugs,
Mary

~Niki~ said...

Thank you whole whole bunches for visiting my quaint little quilty blog. HUGS! niki

Angela said...

Gorgeous photos!

Sweetina said...

The page of your wedding book is gorgeous and the photo is lovely,Jaime!
I look forward to reading your blog and sharing the beautiful pages you will create in your Vintage Wedding Album. What a Sweet invitation for your readers!
Love your blog and your shop~
And Guess What!? We are Fairy Swap Partners! Have a great night with your happy family~
Tina

Kim Caldwell said...

Beautiful page Jamie! I love your vintage brooch!