Sunday, August 10, 2008

Busy as a Bee











Well, I have just been a little busy bee around here trying to get custom Etsy onesie orders completed and perfected! Four orders, all handpainted, wrapped in a beautiful package with individual tags for each little onesie has taken me atleast a week and a half. I also decided to try my hand at collage and made a little something special for my girlfriend's baby Ava to hang in her room. I like how it turned out.

My cupcake swap date is approaching and I cannot wait to post that cute thing!!! I will wait until my parnter recieves all her goodies.

My husband and I decided to take a drive down a beautiful scenic road here in our town and of course we stumbled upon an antique store/mall. Wow, were the prices perfect! I must share the goodies I found. Then, when we got the car, my hubby told me he needed a tissue and he told me to get one for him in the glove compartment and voila! there was this little something special waiting on me. A picture of a maiden and her love embracing one another. He saw that I had picked it up in the shop and then that little stinker went and bought it for me while I was shopping. Found a beautiful Mary statue that looks sort of like one I bought in Italy on our honeymooon. Love my kitties and put them in the kitchen. I cannot wait to go back to this place!!!

Oh, one more thing, I submitted a little article for a popular blog, 5minutesformom and they accepted it! I was published this week! I'm so super excited!

8 comments:

Alisa Noble said...

What a sweet hubby you have! And your collage is darling!

Sweetina said...

The onesies are sugar sweet! Do you hand paint those, Jaime? So talented and i adore the little ballerina card for Ava. That Little Ballerina book was my complete favorite as a child. I mean, I wanted to be her! Later,it was Marsha Brady :) But that's a whole 'nother subject!
T

Jean Knee said...

you have been busy. I love the ballerina collage--I love little girl images like that--her tu tu is so cute.

and I know what you mean about multi-tasking--loved your article

Kalisha/ Reneca said...

Lucky you! Your husband was very thoughtful to do that for you!
Thanks for coming by our blog at the Mommy Lounge.
Your site is so beautiful and I love your designs. I have begun to crochet and wanted to make some things to sell in boutiques around town or on etsy. Would you stop by my personal blog page (http://ajourneythrufaith.wordpress.com) and take a look at my newest creation? I need advice on how much it would be worth. Any advice would be appreciated, Thanks!
Kalisha

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Thanks so much for commenting on our blog cause I found yours! It is fantastic! I love all the little shirts and the collage and all your pretty finds. I have been looking through your archives and enjoying myself! Have a wonderful week! Twyla

Nell said...

teeeee - well breed ... love it.

Erna said...

Those onesies are cute! so nicely painted you are really talented! thanx for commenting on my blog :)

Sarah said...

the little collage of the ballerina and puppy is sweet!
Sarah
Vintage Lily
http://vintagelily.typepad.com/my_weblog/