Saturday, March 1, 2008

D'avec sa tête ! (Off With Her Head!)




Where in the world did I get this Marie Antoinette doll? My friend Jenny purchased her for me last fall on her trip to Salem, Ma. Where else in the world would you find something like this but in Salem, home of the infamous "witch trials."

Marie gets a ton of laughs from friends. They are completely stunned when her head flies across the room. That head does fly!

My son, Christian, loves to get a hold of it. One morning when getting him out of his crib, I held up a headless Marie and said,
"Christian, where is her head?"
Being not even two years old, he looked at me then to her, and smiled. He led me to her head later that day where I found it sandwiched in our couch cushions. Poor Marie!

One more not so lovely option for this doll is to strip her down to a shaved head and Bastille clothing, her pre -guillotine appearance.

Needless to say, she is one of my new favorite things! I especially love her les cheveux font (hairdo).

1 comment:

Heather Buchanan said...

Wow, what an incredible doll!